CARROT AND BEETROOT HALWA - కార్రోట్ బీట్రూట్ హల్వా
CARROT AND BEETROOT PUDDING
|CARROT AND BEETROOT HALWA - కార్రోట్ బీట్రూట్ హల్వా|
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Cardamom powder / Elaichi powder - 1/4 tsp.
- Raisins - 8
- Cashew nuts - 6
- Ghee - 1 1/2 tbsp.
- First take milk into a vessel and boil till it becomes almost half of taken amount.
- After boiling keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in another pan fry cashew nuts and raisins to light golden brown and take them into a small bowl.
- In the same pan with remaining ghee add elaichi powder, grated carrot and beetroot.
- Fry them on medium flame for 5 minutes. Till they change their color little bit).
- Now add boiled milk to it and cook this carrot and beetroot mixture for 5 - 8 minutes till most (almost 75 %) of the milk gets evaporated. Then add sugar (you can increase the quantity to 1 1/2 cup if you want halwa more sweet).
- Stir well.
- Let it get cooked for 5 - 8 more minutes on low flame stirring continuously so that it will not get burned.
- Garnish it with roasted raisins and cashews and serve.
MY FAVORITE SONGS:
O PAPA LAALI SONG FROM "GEETANJALI"